The role of a Product Specialist is to assist the management team in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement during every work shift. Responsible for meeting and exceeding retail productivity measurements including total sales goals, units per transaction (UPT), total units sold, and average dollar (ADS) through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expected to meet or exceed assigned personal sales goals and personal metric objectives.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of
• Ability to develop long-term client relationships and/or managing a client base.
• Ability to analyze options for customers, makes decisions and takes action with an out of
the box approach in order to improve business results.
• Properly and accurately receives merchandise, totals bills, accepts payment, and makes
change for customers in our retail stores (if trained to do so).
• Assists customers with transactions on a register. Properly total sales and determine bill (if
trained to do so).
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to
• Graciously accept returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management
if a customer requires return/exchange transactions.
• Demonstrates good salesmanship.
• Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise. Sets up displays according to
• Ability to professionally communicate and engages customers by answering questions and
sharing product features and benefits.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on a consistent basis.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to
hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• A minimum of one year cumulative retail/customer service experience required.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent.
Please apply in-store or call (914) 375-3571.