Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- We have installed energy efficient lighting throughout the mall and parking lots.
- Our Security Staff uses a T3 to support gasoline fueled cars in patrolling the center as well as bicycles when the season allows.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags, including Super Stop & Shop grocery store.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- Whenever possible, we print our marketing materials on recycled paper, including mall signage and other promotional giveaways.
- Within the mall management office we use a filtered water system, in favor of bottled water
- We recognize, promote and participate in Earth Day events
Leaders in corporate sustainability
At Macerich, while most of our business is focused on reaching new heights, in sustainability we are dedicated to reaching new lows. In fact, "Innovating to Zero" is our ambitious longer-term goal to generate zero energy waste and near zero emissions, zero water waste and zero landfill impact.
GRESB Green Star
2014 - 2017
20th among top 30 on-site generation
EPA Green Power Partnership
CDP Climate A List
2015 - 2017
#1 Ranking 2015 - 2017 GRESB Benchmark
N. American Retail Sector
NARIET Leader in the Light
2014 - 2017
First U.S. In-use Certified Building