There’s nothing more luxurious and extravagant than velvet and thankfully we’re seeing it everywhere this season! We’ve come up with two ways to wear this magical material - to the fanciest of parties or the chicest streets of NYC!
“Velvet is a classic textile, one that radiates warmth and decadence,” says Sandy Hapoienu, Founder and Stylist of SandyHapoienu.com, a Styling Session™ subsidiary. “So naturally we’d want to wear it for a romantic event, whether it be to an upscale event like a wedding or New Year’s Eve celebration or to a one-on-one special date night.”
The Style Details:
- For formal events a long gown is a classic choice. We’ve chosen a stunning silver, velvet gown from Zara. It has a plunging v-neck, gathered detail at the waist and frill for the hemline.
- Think out of the box for a jacket – instead of a black wrap, try on a short-waisted bomber jacket. This navy silk bomber, with a surprise orange lining adds so much interest to a traditional gown.
- The accessories include a statement necklace that highlights the deep V of the neckline, another pop of color and texture with a ruby sparkled bangle, a navy velvet clutch and playful pompom pumps.
“You don’t have to limit velvet to the evening,” Hapoienu continues. “Wearing velvet during the day in the winter is not only acceptable but celebrated – there are no style rules but to keep it interesting and fun, like we’ve done with this day-time look.”
The Style Details:
- Stop traffic in this mid-length, velvet dress in deep red! Keep warm by adding a plaid shirt in red & black, around your waist or shoulders.
- Don’t be afraid to be bold with your accessory choices – we chose to add several necklaces – both short and long – in silver and a pop of cobalt blue. More color can be added in a clutch like this studded, embroidered bag from Zara.
- Finish your look by adding some sparkle to your shoes with these Michael Kors embellished sneakers.
Let’s see your best velvet looks – share some pics on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.