Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- We have installed energy efficient lighting throughout the mall and parking lots.
- Our Security Staff uses a T3 to support gasoline fueled cars in patrolling the center as well as bicycles when the season allows.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags, including Super Stop & Shop grocery store.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- Whenever possible, we print our marketing materials on recycled paper, including mall signage and other promotional giveaways.
- Within the mall management office we use a filtered water system, in favor of bottled water
- We recognize, promote and participate in Earth Day events